“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ―Ralph Waldo Emerson
The most arduous part of my job is when a potential client asks me what they can achieve through coaching. This is not something I can answer in a sentence as there is so much to say. You may find meaning to your life, your career, your passion. You may find out your “why” and that moment may change everything around you. What one client achieves will be different from what the other achieve. An individual could work on various skills – emotions, mindset, personality traits, behavior patterns, all of which could completely transform your life to bring success in the long run, or bring a purpose to your life that you may not have even imagined. The most crucial action in personality development is to take the first step to enhance your knowledge and awareness about yourself.
The most important personality skill for a person depends on what they are trying to achieve. I have listed a few here that I think are important:
- Self-reflect on your behavior: What do people frequently notice about you that you can agree upon as a skill you excel at a little more than others. Use this skill in your personal and professional life to live a more fulfilling life. What is that one skill you know you would like to improve upon? Try to reach a goal of building this skill so you can make the best use of this skill.
- Mindset Magic: I have mentioned mindset in multiple places in my blog posts and other social media posts. If we are happy with the limited skills we possess and do not feel the need to improve upon our skills, we may not achieve higher goals. Our mindset needs to be positive and always growing. Trying to find forced gratification in the unhappy place we are in will lead to a stagnant personal and professional life.
- Identify and manage stress triggers: Stress is one of the biggest hindrances in achieving goals. Stress is also highly linked to your mindset. Extreme stress can make you fall back to a negative mindset. Identifying your stress triggers and trying your best to manage these triggers will help in a healthier lifestyle.
- Build your side hustle: If you are not already doing so, try to divert your passion and drive to build your side hustle. This will help create a retirement life that is profitable for you by generating higher income. You may have so much more to give to yourself and the world than you already do. It is worthwhile to dig inside yourself for skillsets that may change your life for good.
- Be resilient to failure: Being successful in your career or being a successful entrepreneur is not always easy. We may fail multiple times until we gain success. It is important that we see these failures as opportunities and spring back into action rather than accept defeat. Alibaba founder, Jack Ma’s story is a popular one. Ma was rejected for every job he applied to include KFC. Ma was also rejected by Harvard but he is now one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world and his company’s market cap is more than $400 billion.
- Journal your development: It is important to know where you are in your personal development journey and where you would like to be in a certain period of time. What particular skill are you trying to enhance and how will you enhance are some crucial questions you can ask yourself. Personality development is almost impossible without a call to action. Discover your call to action for your present state.
- Find your reasons for not investing in yourself: Many find money to be a huge cause for not investing in personality development but do not think twice before buying other tangible things. It is evident that the more we develop on our personality, the more advanced our thoughts and skills will be that will bring us closer to our goal and eventually success.
Coaching is a great way to develop your personality and learn more about yourself by advancing your skillsets and mindset. Book an intro session with me to find out what skills you would like to develop that will lead to success in your personal and professional life and what issues you are struggling with within your life that needs addressing.
Hamna Siddique is a Career and Business Mindset Coach who focusses on leadership and personal development.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. https://hamnasiddique.com/| ©2020 Goldbridge Coaching LLC |All Rights Reserved|